Thursday, March 31, 2011

I600A update

A couple days ago, we each recieved letters from the United States of America.  Yup, that's what the name on the return address said.  Owen opened his (not thinking it was adoption stuff) before he told me about them. He yelled to me that we got our I600A stuff and his apt was at 10 on Tues (the 5th).  I came running out and asked him what time mine was.....he opened it and started laughing.  8 am on the 5th!  The place is about 2 hours away, so that means we have to be out of the house by 6 am.  I am not a morning person-so much so, that Owen muttered "they don't know what they're getting themselves into." Oh well, I can do it {Thank you, Lord, for creating coffee!}

The cool thing is that the 5th is our 8th anniversary.  So, we get to a) be together and b) be one step closer to getting our child!

Can news:  We brought a load of cans a couple weeks ago to the recycling place.  We made $35!!! {Thank you Marks & Gates families!!!} We have another load ready to go, but they are now frozen into the ground as we got about a foot of really wet snow last week.  I'm hoping we can get them to the recycling place this weekend, but if not, we'll go next weekend.  It's amazing how fast we've been accumulating cans.  Thank you everyone for saving them for us!

Necklace News: I've been selling necklaces like crazy!  I have been so busy that I haven't even been able to post the new designs up.  Luckily, I have been able to keep up and I'm very greatful for the pace (not too fast that I can't keep up, but not too slow that they aren't selling). 

We've made some neat connections recently with other families who have James 1:27 on their heart.  It's so nice to have similar people who are going through similar things.  I love how each one of us has unique stories yet, they are so similar.

thanks everyone!
~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment