Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Biometrics update

Yesterday couldn't have gone better!  Thank you to everyone who was praying for us.

We made it there super early (note: if you are looking for a federal building, don't bother searching for a street address or sign in's etched at the top of the building.  I'm sure we looked like fools trying to figure it out) and realized that they had meter parking in their parking "lot", so we had to run to the starbucks down the street so we could get coffee change.

We made it back at 7:45 and nervously went into the beautiful building. Just on the inside of the doors, we had to go through security (just like the airport, but we didn't have to take off our shoes). I was nervous when we got to the office we needed to go because not only was I unsure of what we would be doing, but there was also a "No Food or Drink," a "No Cell Phone" and a "No Electronics" sign all hanging on the wall when you walk in.  AND, to top it off, it said not to bring extra people with because space was limited. Oops- I had my coffee, my phone, my kindle AND my husband with with.  There was one guy filling out forms, so I figured the "extra person" could stand outside in the hall with the contraband, if needed, but there were at least a dozen empty seats.

I went up to the counter and gave the guy my papers.  I told him my husband had an apt at 10 and they were able to get us both in right then!  All we had to do was get digital fingerprints, so it was quick, easy & painless. Everyone was so nice and were excited for us when they saw what we were there for.  Even the security guard wished us luck as we left. We were out of there by 8:15 and after a few errands, we headed home. 

Now, we wait again.  On the way home, we realized we got in at the perfect time because had it beeen a week later, we'd probably be pushed back quite a while if the gov't shuts down.  We're not sure how that will affect our process, but it's all in God's hands.
Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment