Yes, you read that right. Ethiopia!
The past 2 weeks have been filled with every emotion under the sun. I've been so overwhelmed with the situation. Heck, I've even stayed up most nights arguing with God, coming up with reasons to stay with Jamaica. Coming up with every reason to NOT adopt from Ethiopia. But His answer was always the same: Ethiopia.
The biggest thing we were struggling with (like always) was money. If we were to switch "programs," we'd have to pay quite a bit more money than Jamaica- money that we don't have. At one point during my prayers, I admit, I even asked God to just put a certain amount of money it the adoption account. Yup, I stooped pretty low.
So, on Sunday, we went to church. The night before, I pleaded with God to show us what we were supposed to do. Just for an answer and a way to get to that answer. We got to church and realized that Ashely & Caleb were giving the message. I prepared to have tears- their story is amazing. But, I wasn't prepared for what God had in store for us. At the same exact time, Owen & I heard our confirmation on what we were supposed to do. One sentence was all it took to know that our prayers were being answered. We left that service in a hurry- I wasn't sure I would be able to hold it together if anyone talked to me. I couldn't even make eye contact with anyone.
We came home and started making the phone calls & emails and did research on what this meant. The biggest concern was can we do it? Everything came back better than we expected (including hearing from our social worker who gave us 2 thumbs up) and now, we are officially adopting from Ethiopia!
We still don't know where a large portion of the funds will come from, but I'm not going to worry about that. God has already made it clear. He WILL provide.